Internationally-acclaimed, APRA Maioha Award-winning Māori thrash metal band ALIEN WEAPONRY are joining the Pao Pao Pao line-up, along with a host of newly-announced acts confirmed to perform at the 17th installment of the annual Māori musical showcase on Saturday 17th February, 2018 at Pipitea Marae in Wellington.
Joining Whangarei-based ALIEN WEAPONRY in today’s second line-up announcement are:
- RnB Soul singer-songwriter and Waiata Māori Award winner KIRSTEN TE RITO with support from pianist JAMES ILLINGWORTH and her band;
- golden-voiced soul singer MARA TK, performing alongside acclaimed songwriter and pianist MARK VANILAU;
- up-and-coming teen choreographer and dance sensation NGARETA TEIRA-TUILOMA showcasing dance/haka;
- plus, Kapa Haka performance with Te Haeata Awatea from Wellington College and Wellington Girls College;
- MCs for the night are MARAMA FOX and ADRIAN WAGNER.
Acts already announced to perform Pao Pao Pao 2018 include: acclaimed Haka-soul Musician ROB RUHA, supported by THE WITCH DOCTOR; solo a cappella songstress and queen of loops, MIHIRANGI; Wellington-based soul, RnB and roots band GROVE ROOTS, featuring the powerful vocals of SIANNE; Māori Gospel-Soul artist KAATERAMA, winner of the Emerging Artist Under 25 Award at the 10th annual Waiata Māori Music Awards in 2017; plus, celebrated slam poet TE KAHU ROLLESTON will perform his works in both English and Te Reo Māori.